Welcome to our village
In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hasketon like this:
HASKETON, a parish in Woodbridge district, Suffolk; 2 miles NW of Woodbridge town and r. station. Posttown, Woodbridge. Acres, 1,665. Real property, £3, 411. Pop., 483. Houses, 119. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to the Rev. Thomas Mande. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £290. Patron, the Rev. T. Mande. The church is a brick edifice, with a stone tower, round in the lower part and octagonal in the upper. There are a national school, and charities £61.
The village runs an annual fete and several other fund raising activities throughout the year. There is an excellent village Hall (Victory Hall) with plenty of local car parking and a well stocked children's play area.